How to invest in bitcoin UK?
More and more people in the UK are taking an interest in Bitcoin – not least because the digital currency has yielded some phenomenal returns since it was first launched in 2009. You do, however, need to tread carefully when investing in this volatile and speculative asset class – as the risks are much higher than more traditional instruments like stocks and mutual funds.
In this guide, we walk you through the step-by-step process of how to invest in Bitcoin UK – alongside a brief discussion on the best online cryptocurrency brokers to open an account with.
How To Invest in Bitcoin UK – Choose a Broker
If you want to invest in Bitcoin in the UK – you will first need to choose a suitable online broker that offers low fees. Below you will find an overview of the best brokers to consider when investing in Bitcoin for the first time.
- eToro – Overall Place to Invest in Bitcoin UK (FCA Regulated)
- Alvexo – Invest in Bitcoin CFDs with a Regulated Broker
- Coinbase – Best Way to Invest in Bitcoin UK for Beginners
- OKEx – Best Low-Cost Broker to Invest in Bitcoin UK via a Crypto Deposit
- Binance – Best Place to Invest in Bitcoin UK for Asset Diversity
- Coinjar – Best Broker to Invest in Bitcoin UK for Small Deposits
We review the above brokers in great detail further down in this guide.
If you want to bypass the jargon and get straight to your BTC purchase – the below steps will show you how to invest in Bitcoin in the UK in less than 5 minutes!
- Step 1: Open an Account with eToro – We found that eToro is the best broker to invest in Bitcoin UK – as the FCA-regulated platform offers low fees and the minimum purchase amount is just $25 (about £18). To open an account with eToro – simply hit the ‘Join Now’ button and enter your personal details.
- Step 2: Upload Your ID – If you’re looking to invest more than $2,250 (about £1,600) into Bitcoin – you will need to upload a copy of your passport or driver’s license. If not, you can upload the required documents at a later date.
- Step 3: Deposit Funds – You will need to make a deposit into your eToro account before you can invest in Bitcoin. Choose from a Visa, MasterCard, Paypal, or Skrill deposit to have your payment processed instantly.
- Step 4: Invest in Bitcoin – The final step is to search for ‘Bitcoin’, click the ‘Trade’ button, and enter your stake.
As soon as you hit the ‘Open Trade’ button, eToro will instantly execute your Bitcoin investment order. The digital tokens will then appear in your eToro portfolio = which is where you can keep tabs on your investment in real-time!
This week on Stansberry Investor Hour, Dan Ferris sits down with Egon von Greyerz, Founder and Managing Partner of Matterhorn Asset Management AG. Egon, whose company specializes in wealth preservation, has been a gold bug for decades. He and Dan talk about how gold is the No. 1 hedge against inflation and market chaos.
Egon says “gold is the best instrument you could ever buy to ensure your wealth.” And holding gold will protect you from the coming consequences of our current massive market bubble… created and fueled by the Federal Reserve’s unlimited money printing and our highest inflation rate in decades.
Unfortunately, Egon predicts that the impending “wealth destruction will be massive.” And the folks who think the Fed is going to swoop in and save the system again this next crash are wrong… Egon says that there are “tough times ahead,” but this makes wealth preservation, which includes holding gold, even more crucial.
Dan and Egon also discuss bitcoin, as many have asked if gold will be replaced by the popular cryptocurrency. Egon is confident that will never happen, and makes the bold prediction that “bitcoin won’t still be around in 50 years.” He goes on to say that bitcoin “will always be a fringe investment”… and that “it’s not real money.”
Lastly, Dan asks every guest the same last question: “If you can leave our listeners with only one last thought, what would it be?” And Egon’s answer won’t disappoint… Dan says his response is one of the best he’s ever heard.
Listen to this episode for even more fascinating conversations about gold and our economy, plus check out Dan’s rant on exactly who’s in charge of the stock market.